Friday, January 26, 2007

The Waiting

Well, the agent who requested my manuscript back in December after liking my query letter has not yet given me the yay or the nay. Her office did send me some release forms and after having an attorney friend look at them I signed away and sent them back. The waiting makes me crazy, but my friend Ken, who referred me to this agent in the first place, says its a good thing, that she'd have let me know right away if it was a definite no. He feels like I must still be in the running. It would be really great to be represented by a good agent and to be able to give a bit more time to writing.

In the meanwhile, I continue to work on The Atheist Survival Guide, which I hope to have done by March. I'm also working on my next blog, Ritalin. I'm scanning old school photos and family portraits which will serve to illustrate my tales of public schooling gone awry. And my buddy Jason from Gas, Food, Theater will be helping me make some postcards to advertise the new blog when it launches. So, plenty to keep me busy. I was home sick for 2 and a half days, so what I should really be busy with is getting caught up at work, but where's the fun in that?

No comments: