Thursday, March 16, 2006

A month without Petrol

With our oil fueled wars and global warming I've been trying hard to reduce my driving. I was on the freeway yesterday, and looking at the endless stream of cars, ugghh. I feel horrible being a part of it.

I'm going to go one month without gas fueled transportation. This doesn't just mean no driving it means no riding in cars, or busses. I can use the light rail as it's electric, but other than that I'll be on foot or bike for one month.

I'm going to give myself a month to prepare, and to let the weather get a little better. It's my first time doing this, so I'll be generous with myself in that way, but maybe I'll do a year next.

I'll blog about my preparations over the next month and then I'll try to blog daily durring the actuall month of no petrol.

No comments: