Saturday, March 25, 2006

I'm a bad blogger

Here I am, in a cabin in the mountains, just outside of Santa Cruz, and we didn't bring a camera. So, you'll have to take my word for it when I tell you how pretty it is here. There's a river running righth behind our cabin and a little porch where we can sit and watch it go by.
We've eaten twice at The Dharma Cafe in Capitola, and other than that we've just enjoyed being away from Sacramento and our jobs and our hectic life. The cabin is actually in Felton. Felton is a cool little town. We've just dipped our toe in, heading there today to buy a tooth brush, but we discovered a lot of cool little shops, a great health food market and lots of restaurants that we'll have to go back and check out.
For now, there's a hot tub beckoning, and then tonight dinner at a raw foods restaurant in Santa Cruz called Cafe La Vie. Tommorow I want to go to Pink Godzilla Sushi have some food and get a t-shirt and then on Monday we'll drive into S.F. to go to the Museum of Modern Art and then another raw foods restaurant before heading home. Maybe I'll give in and buy a disposable camera.

2 comments:

writegrrrl said...

Sounds like you had fun in Santa Cruz - did you make it to Pink Godzilla? I love that place so much...Dharma's too

Anonymous said...

We lost a day of restaraunting due to Bryna being ill, so... it was the pink monster or the raw food and I'm all hyped on raw food right now, though technically sushi is raw, anyway, we went to Cafe La Vie instead. It was GOOD. I'll write more about my raw food tour later.
We did have a great time though. We gotta stay longer next time