Thursday, March 31, 2011

Interviewed in Sacramento News and Review

I am one of a group of comedians interviewed in the latest Sacramento News and Review. Below is my interview. Full article here: http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/content?oid=1947377

Name: Keith Lowell Jensen

Why did you decide to be a stand-up comedian?
I was in a band until the guitarist got his girlfriend pregnant. I decided I needed an art form that didn’t depend on other people using birth control. I pursue it as hard as I do because I love it, and because I suck at literally everything else I’ve ever tried to do for a living.

Moment you first realized that you were funny?
In fourth grade, I changed schools, and clowning in class helped me make new friends and new enemies. When I pulled out the ventriloquist doll, there was to be no turning back!

What are your sources of inspiration?
Listening to NPR and thinking, “Damn, that’s awful! The world is screwed. How can I make that funny?”

What was the funniest thing that happened to you in high school?
A teacher told us we couldn’t make him mad and then gave us each a “free” shot at trying. I ended up expelled.

No comments: