Sunday, November 5, 2006

Three New Stories

A pic of me at the reading
I'm having a great week, even though my stomach is doing crappy and the doctor put me back on steroids. The shows and the readings went well this weekend.

The comments on my I Hate My Guts story made me tear up. It means so much to me that when people are sitting down to research Ulcerative Colitis to find out just how much it sucks they're finding my story and it's making 'em laugh a little. I've been there, doing that search and I know how much it sucks to read all the clinical papers and the horror stories of what having this disease is like. Several folks have taken the time to comment and to say they appreciate my take on the whole mess.

And that's not the only good feedback. I woke up to find $20 bucks sent to me via pay pal with a simple note reading "Great stories." That's awesome. Thanks so much.

At any rate, I'm bursting at the seems with excitement about trying out some new stand up I've been working on, and I've also got THREE count 'em THREE new fiction stories. Read them here:

Modern Medical Miracles
If you're going to the doctor, you might want to bring him or her some free pens, calendars and keychains printed with the words "Please don't prescribe me drugs I don't need."

Barry
Barry's had it. Its time for God to speak up once and for all. File this under, be careful what you ask for. If you're religious without a sense of humor skip this one.)

Ice Cream
Thomas is wondering what happened to daddy. This is a surreal little story inspired by the great Japanese and Chinese Zen stories that I found in the book "Zen Flesh, Zen Bones: A Collection of Zen and Pre-Zen Writings"

And hey, I'd love to have more art on the site. If any of you artsy types want to illustrate any of my stories (as Grumble Bee's been doing for my Kisses stories) let me know. You retain ownership of your art of course, and I'll link back to your site. Peace.

Currently Reading /Listening To/ Watching:

No comments: