Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Best Butt Rock Comp Ever

I just put together a comp of really good hair rock/butt rock.

Aerosmith- Toys In The Attic, Walk This Way, Sweet Emotion
Ozzy Ozourne- I Don't Know, Goodby To Romance, Suicide Solution
Kiss- Christine Sixteen, Detroit Rock City
Quiet Riot- Cum on Feel, Bang Your Head,
Alice Cooper- Eighteen, Welcome To My Nightmare, Is It My Body, I Love The Dead, Elected
Motley Crue- Shout at The Devil, Too Young To Fall In Love
Ratt- Round and Round
Twisted Sister- We're Not Gonna Take It, I Wanna Rock, Burn in Hell
Guns and Roses- Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy
The Stooges- Now I wanna Be Your Dog
The New York Dolls- Personality Crisis, Trash, Frankenstein
T. Rex- 20th Century Boy, Life's A Gas
Billy Squire- My Kind of Lover, In The Dark, The Stroke
Ted Nugent- Cat Scratch Fever
Cheap Trick- Surrender, I Want You To Want Me
Rush- Tom Sawyer
Judas Priest- You've Got Another Thing Coming, Breakin' The Law
Motor Head- Ace of Spades, Eat The Rich

I know I stretch the definition in places, and I'm sure I left off some bands that you would have included, but Def Leopard, Cinderella, Warrant, Bon Jovi, they just don't do if for me. I call them power ballad butt rock.

4 comments:

Jason_Alley said...

Dude, that's awesome. Hair metal is so great, I grew up on the stuff and still love it. I would have indeed included those other bands (esp. Def Leppard and Warrant!), as well as Poison, Slaughter, White Lion, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Megadeth, Vixen, Lita Ford, Europe, Danger Danger, Tesla, Firehouse, Trixter... Yeah, I'm a fan of the stuff, haha!

Jason_Alley said...

Whoops! Saw the Motley Crue.

Jason_Alley said...

Skid Row!

Shawn said...

Dude, I want a copy. Hommie!