Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Busy

Busy, busy, busy.

Yep. I am. I was getting ready to start sending my querry letter to a few agents, figuring I could keep cleaning up the book as I collected rejection slilps, but now a friend of mine already has an agent interested in looking at my book. Crazy as the book is not necessarily ready to be looked at. I'm stressed now about getting it ready. So I'll be writing more there and less here. And that's that.

Cross your fingers and wish me luck (yeah, cuz that'll help.)

In the meanwhile, I did get a whole new set of illustrations for All My Kisses from Marcus at Grumblebee.com. Check 'em out Foo'!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't need luck, sooner or later it'll get published.

KLJ said...

That's very kind of you to say.
I hope it's sooner. :)

Lefty said...

Go for it, dude!
I wouldn't worry too very much about cleaning. Editors are supposed to help with that, no?

KLJ said...

Yeah. I'm not worried so much about grammar and spelling as I am about making sure that this agent reads a great story, getting hooked from page one. I need to make sure she (or he) goes beyond page one, and page two.
So I'm mostly working on the writing itself.
Before she hooks me up with an editor she herself must be impressed. The rule is I'm supposed to pile up some rejection slips first, so you know, this'd be real cool if it goes through, but I'm prepared for more work.

Lefty said...

Well I was hooked from the KFC job on!

KLJ said...

Thanks dude. It really helps having found many enthusiastic folks on line. Just that so many people read the whole thing, from beginning to end is amazing to me, and that was (is) the attrocious, messy, garbled, first draft.

Peace,
KLJ

KLJ said...

Thanks. I am encouraged by the fact that so many people have read it beginning to end. Most people finish something like this and have a hell of a time getting someone to read it.