Friday, January 20, 2006

Starbucks Deep Thoughts

Remember Al Franken's "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy" on SNL?

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."

Well my boss bought me a hot chocolate from Starbuck's this morning, and I'm pretty sure Starbuck's is totally sincere with their Deep Thoughts, which they've dubbed "The Way I see it" and printed on every cup.

"The Way I See It #49

Baking may be regarded as a science, but it's chemistry between the ingredients and the cook that gives desserts life. Baking is done out of love, to share with family and friends, to see them smile. Anna Olson Chef and hostess of the all-dessert show Sugar on Food Network Canada. "


Now hang on, here' s the best part. After this bold, potentially explosive declaration Starbuck's made sure to defend themselves with this:

"This is the author's opinion, not necessarily that of Starbucks."

Bwa ha ha ha! Wouldn't want someone thinking Starbucks advacated baking out of love or sharing with family and friends to see them smile. Read more incendiary Starbucks "Conversation Starters" at http://www.starbucks.com/wayiseeit

The best part though was my boss writing GAY on the top of my cup so he'd remember which one was made with soy milk.

"The Way I See It #50

When I feel like I’m in a rut, I remember it’s the little things in life that are important, like riding a bike with a friend or eating ice cream with my baby niece. Michelle Kwan Figure skating champion.

"This is the author's opinion, not necessarily that of Starbucks. Though www.RockAss.net is pretty sure it's true, especially the baby niece part."


I'm hoping to get some big time giving Ice Cream to babies controversy going here. I'm not afraid I tell ya.

No comments: