Friday, September 8, 2006

They Might Be Giants

This is the tune that had me falling in love with TMBG.


Anonymous said...

yThey might be clay pots
check them for cracks! my new name is?
don't say dave

anjacara said...

The first date I ever went on was to a They Might Be Giants concert at Vanderbilt University.
I had never heard of them before, but I didn't care. I just wanted to go out on a real date. I was hooked everysince.
I can't hear them now without thinking about that night.
Sweet Sigh...

Keith Lowell Jensen said...

What a great first concert. I remember riding my bike to Dimple Records in Roseville to buy a copy of Lincoln. I read all the lyrics along with it and decided these guys were the coolest thing EVER!
Never did see them live. I should make a point of it the next time they come around.

anjacara said...

Never seen them live?
That is just sad

Side story to first date
10 years later I would sometimes run into my first boyfriend at a club or bar in Nashville and one such encounter occurred right before TMBG came to town. We decided to go together and remember our first date years before. It was a nice trip down memory lane.
Your posts and stories always seem to take me there

meice said...

They're my favorite band. They're videos are kind of weird, though.