Sunday, July 2, 2006

writing writing writing

34,326 words written since starting All My Kisses on June 1, 2006. I love writing in a blog. It keeps me writing knowing that people are reading, and waiting for the next installment. I've always written in wild spurts of inspirations, but now I just sit down and do it, even when I'm feeling stuck. I hammer through, and in no time the words are flowing again.

I realize the result is a VERY rough rough draft but that works. I then put it onto a word document and I rewrite, taking more time, filling in the details that got lost the first time through.

I have thought about the style of my writing. It's intentionaly simple and straight forward. I'm resisting the urge to get too flowery and poetic. I aim to be more storyteller than poet here. I'm comfortable with this style for the most part, but sometimes I worry that my no frills approach is too minimalist.

Well, now I'm off to do some editing. We're still working on the panhandling documentary.


Martin said...

Just finished reading All My Kisses - I don't think you should worry too much about the style of writing. I like the straight forward stuff; the storytelling style suits the material. Keep it up.

Keith Lowell Jensen said...

Thanks. I appreciate it. I need to work on being more secure in what I do.

You say you finsihed All My Kisses. I hope you know that there's much more still coming. I add to it nearly every day.