Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I'm Hosting The Sammies

I was chosen to host this years Sammies awards. For you non Sacramento types, that's the Sacramento Area Music Awards.

A lot of people bitch about the Sammies, as should be expected as people bitch about everything. Of course The News and Review has made some bad decisions now and then but for the most part they've tried hard to recognize local bands and thats a good thing. I've been on the organizing side of The Sammies and I know that, in the last few years at least, a real effort has been made to get the music community involved so that the awards will reflect said community more accurately. This effort is an uphill battle and then some.

But, none of that is my concern. I will host The Sammies. I will do the best job I can and I endeavor to bring something new to the awards. Think guerilla theatre using actual South American Guerilla Millitias! Yeah!

Ben from I Can't Believe It's Not Comedy will be helping me out as will my good friends Scott and Jason from Gas, Food, Theatre (They are not related to Smooot Valley High. Why can't you stop with these vicious rumors?).

The event is July 12th at The Crest Theater. I'll post more information soon.

No comments: