Thursday, September 13, 2012

Libya, Islam, and Christopher Stevens

Click here for more photos
I will politely and respectfully continue to say that I think Islam and all religion is completely and totally wrong and is harmful to us all. Making that point as strongly and as eloquently as possible is blasphemous enough. I will not be provoked into acting like an upset child, name calling and throwing tantrums. I will continue to be friends with many beautiful, peaceful religious people even as I believe they are wrong, even as I hope that they will let go of beliefs that I see as irrational. I mourn with Libya as they have lost a great ally, a man whose name most of us didn't know before he died but who many, maybe even most, Libyans knew, appreciated and admired. I continue to wish the best for the revolution and I hope that they are able to beat the odds and gain stability.

No comments: