Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am homophobic!

I don't like violent psychopaths being described as "homophobic."
Mostly I resent the association, for you see I am homophobic.

I have lots of gay friends, and sometime I get a little freaked out around them. I'm a guy and as a guy it's my experience that people who might like to have sex with me are usually smaller than me...
and not looking to put anything inside of me...
well, maybe a finger but a 7 foot tall bear wanting to fuck me is foreign to me and so, likely to scare me a bit, even if he is a sweetheart.

There is no shame in having a phobia. Nobody gets mad that I'm afraid of heights and likewise you'll never see me get a bunch of my friends together who are also afraid of heights so that we can pile into a pick-up truck and cruise the town looking for tight rope walkers to beat up.

"Hey walky, what you doin' up so high? That aint natural."
"God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Eagle!"
"You can't adopt kids! You'll just teach them to tight rope walk."

Calling violent bigots homophobic is letting them off the hook. Sure, they probably are afraid of gays, but the problem isn't that they're afraid of them, IT'S THAT THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL THEM!

And they know this in the homo-hating camp. I've actually heard the remark, "Aint afraid of 'em. Just don't like 'em."

Now I must admit the real reason for this rant was so I could use the phrase "Homo-hating Camp." I really love the thought of a Homo-hating themed summer camp. Can you imagine that camps arts and crafts time?!

(Thanks to Kel Munger for helping me think this out.)

1 comment:

Violence B. Gawn said...

You're talking about homo-cidal manics.