Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Doug Loves Movies, and tolerates me

Hey, here is a link to listen to Doug Loves Movies, with me guesting along side Ngaio Bealum, and Rory Scovel. That's pretty cool!
http://player.fm/series/doug-loves-movies/ngaio-bealum-rory-scovell-and-keith-lowell-jensen-guest

It was a good time doing the show but also kinda stressful. I really wanted to nail it but its so far outside of what I normally do. I think part of the reason I'm driven to do stand up is the control. I can put my self out there socially but I'm rehearsed and in control and so my social anxieties are mostly dealt with. So, to enter that zone, where I'm amplified, illuminated, on a stage but I have to just roll with it, that bugs me out. My favorite moment is when Doug says he'll never have me on again and takes my microphone! I read it as only half joking, pretty sure that I was in fact annoying him. I knew I had to do something to redeem myself, and I think I did. Hopefully I get to do it again! I left the taping, hopped in a car and raced to San Francisco to audition for The Great American Comedy Festival.

No comments: