Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tom Rhodes, Punch Line

Working with Tom Rhodes has been fun. It is work more so than other gigs I've had. Three shows so far, three to go, and at every show I do my 15 minutes and then I'm there through-out to do announcements and emcee, right up until I close the show. Don't get me wrong, I love it. As work goes it sure beats digging ditches. I would love to do more of this kind of work and of course that is my plan.
The feature is Barry Weintraub from New York. He is a very political comic and a really nice guy. In a strange coincidence, he is staying with his friend Charlie Weiss while he is in town. Charlie's son Aaron and I were in a band together called The Ugly Sticks.
I'll try and get a picture to put up. Rhodes is a blast and I love his voice and his half singing/ half cartoon character delivery. For now, I'm off to the club...

No comments: